Tuesday, October 7, 2014

When the Revolution Comes



 

True conversation at my house this morning:


Him:  Can you please clean up your desk today?

Her: I'm sorry, I just really don’t have the time. There’s a million other things that take priority over desk cleaning.

Him: Then let me clean it. 

Her: No way, you would  throw away all my papers.

Him: I would, but I would scan them all first. Nice and neat. All organized, they would all be there.  No clutter. No papers. No junk.

Her: Yes, but if all my papers  were scanned and put into the cloud, and the revolution comes, I would never have access to my poetry again because the cloud would be gone. 

Him: Honey, if the revolution comes, poetry will be the last thing on your mind.

Her: Oh no, I say, that’s exactly the moment when you need your poetry.  When the revolution comes.

Him: Is that right, you’ll need poetry at the revolution?

Her: Duh!

1 comment: