Monday, December 1, 2014

Note to (Future) Self

Dear Future Self, 

I am not sure how to begin this letter. I feel as if I am writing to a complete stranger, so far away, I'm not sure I know what to say. 
I don't know who you are or what your life is like, but I hope you are well. I had big plans for you, and I do not necessarily hope you lived up to them, so much as I hope that you are happy. I hope you are loved. 
I look to you, Future Self, in times of desperation and pain, and it makes me wonder if you ever think of me. I am not asking for nostalgia or warmth, just acknowledgement. I only want you to know that you are not alone in whatever world you may be living in. I just want you to know I have faith in you. 
I am not trying to meet expectations, but I do wonder what you may be wanting to hear as you read this letter. I hope I am not letting you down. 
And along with everything else said, I hope you are proud of me. Not to be rude or bitter, but after everything I have done for and given you, I think I deserve something in return. I only ask you not to be ashamed of me, I only ask for a bit of forgiveness.

Love, 
Anna for The Poplar Grove Muse
(Guest Blogger and Young Woman Writing For Change)

No comments:

Post a Comment